Tuesday, July 9, 2013

So...

I was hoping to have a nice, well-thought-out, and elegantly written blog post for all of you today, but frankly, I am just too tired! Been wrangling children all morning, then took my sister for a walk at the Beaverdam Swamp Boardwalk at Wheeler.



There wasn't anything all that notable for me to report. The water levels were up though, and it actually looked like a swamp!


Was able to spot a couple Prothonotary Warblers and American Redstarts. Actually, saw my first male Redstart for the year. Heard two Wood Thrushes singing along the gravel path that leads to the boardwalk, but never spotted them. Carolina Wrens, a lone Louisiana Waterthrush, Carolina Chickadees, Tufted Titmice, and White-breasted Nuthatches were certainly making a racket also.

The number of Skinks we encountered on the boardwalk was very small compared to the last visit before the rain came. I kept scanning the trees for any signs of a Barred Owl, but no luck.

On the walk back out, got a nice shot of a Silver-spotted Skipper. Unfortunately, none of the birds wanted to give me a good enough photo op. Maybe next time.



My trip to The Sinks is a little over a week away. I am pretty excited about hitting the areas over there and having something awesome to report. Stay tuned, my friends.

Until next time...
Happy birding to all of you.



No comments:

Post a Comment